Widget Deployment Issue

Jump to solution
12-19-2016 09:46 AM
JeffDavis2
New Contributor III

Hello.  I am new to the post and web appbuilder and I am hoping this is a very easy fix.

I recently downloaded a custom widget from this site.  I unzipped the widget and copied its corresponding file folder over to the 2D location \client\stemapp\widgets.  Unfortunately, when I open a web application I am currently working on the widget does not appear in the selection.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

WAB Dev can be restarted by closing the browser window that you have it running in and also closing the command window that is opened when double clciking on the startup.bat file and then double clicking on the startup.bat again.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

What widget was it. If it was one that you downloaded from a GitHub site then make sure you take "master" out of the widget folder name.

JeffDavis2
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

So great to talk with you!

Actually it was your AdvDraw widget.  I'm sure my naivety has something to do with the entire process.

Can you offer any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jeff

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

If you are talking about this one:

Enhanced Draw Widget 

Then there is the issue that the widget was developed for 1.2 version of WAB and seems to have some issue with 2.1 or greater of WAB.

you should look at this one instead:

https://community.esri.com/thread/122331-edraw-widget 

https://github.com/magis-nc/esri-webappbuilder-widget-eDraw/releases/tag/v2.1.2

JeffDavis2
New Contributor III

Robert,

As you suggested, I downloaded the source code zip file for eDraw widget, unzipped the folder and placed the folder in the same directory as previously mentioned.

Unfortunately, I still can't see the widget in the list.

I didn't change the file name (quite long) but it does not contain the word "master".

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

On that one you do need to change the folder name to "eDraw"

JeffDavis2
New Contributor III

Robert,

I couldn't modify the folder name directly so I created a new folder called "eDraw" and copied and pasted all the components from the original (long named) folder into the one I just created.  I then went through the entire process as I previously mentioned and still cannot see the "eDraw" widget present in the list of selections.

Any clue what I am doing wrong?

Jeff

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

Are you re-starting WAB?

JeffDavis2
New Contributor III

Robert,

I have not.  As mentioned, very new to the web appbuilder and just trying to feel my way around.

Do you know of any easy to follow instructions on how to re-start the WAB?  I'm just very cautious on anything I do concerning the applications we are currently running and I don't want to interrupt service in any of the other applications due to my inexperience.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

WAB Dev can be restarted by closing the browser window that you have it running in and also closing the command window that is opened when double clciking on the startup.bat file and then double clicking on the startup.bat again.