Widget covering maps main content when activated.

01-22-2020 02:43 AM
NaomiBegg1
New Contributor II

I've got a problem with the mobile view of one of my apps.  

I'm using the box theme, which has the near me widget in the box.

When you activate the near me widget, the box grows and covers approximately half of the screen, however the map does not seem to realise that it is largely being covered by a widget, and when it zooms to the location selected it is often located behind the widget.  This is largely non-intuitive for the general public to then have to scroll the map up to see the area they are interested in.  See below for a screenshot of the problem.  An location has been searched and the map has centred on this location.  However the centre of the map is under the widget.

It would be great if the map docked itself outside the area of the widget.

Does anyone have any ideas how I could fix this?

ArcGIS Web Application  

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

Xander Bakker‌ is this within your expertise's? 

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi begna887 ,

This is not really my expertise, but I see what you mean. I think an enhancement of the software would be required to centre the location in the part of the map that is visible. Now it centers on the map and widget is displayed on top of the map.

Derek Law‌; any ideas?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Naomi and Xander,

I haven't been involved with the development of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS in 2 years, so I can't comment. I've shared this thread with the Web AppBuilder Custom Widgets forum - perhaps other WAB developer users in the community can assist.

I will also loop in Jianxia Song - the product manager in case she has comments.

Hope this helps,

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Aziza Parveen‌ could you help take a look? 

AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Jainxia, 

I will take a look. Thanks

NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks  

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Naomi,

I was able to reproduce the issue and logged an enhancement request for the widget.

thanks.

Aziza

AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Naomi,

I tested this issue little more and found that it is Box theme specific, is it possible to use any other theme beside Box theme? Plateau or Pocket theme would work best in this scenario.