Where's my customized widget code in WAB 2.1 when Exporting

11-01-2016 08:11 AM
TrevorRobar2
New Contributor II

Hey Users,

I have been working on a WAB 2.1 template and have made changes to some of the widgets. When I download the app to my webserver for deployment, the changes that I made to the widgets do not show up in any of the code. Obviously the customized widget changes are stored internally. How can I download and view my code changes?

T.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Trevor,

When you did those code change where did you do them? What folder did you make the changes in? When you create an app it copies the widgets over from the client/stemapp widgets folder to the server/apps/[app#]/widgets. So if you made you changes in the stemapp widgets folder(s) then they will not be part of the app you downloaded.

Also just in case:

Deploy your app—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Drew
by
Occasional Contributor III

The WAB uses the 'stemapp' as the code source when deploying new apps. It basically copies that source.
Unless your editing in there, new apps created through the WAB UI wont get the customized code.

stemapp location:
......\client\stemapp

If you are editing an 'app' you will want to move your customized code to the stemapp

*TIP* always backup original content - you never know

Drew

TrevorRobar2
New Contributor II

I have not touch any code, just working directly from WAB interface. I would like to make changes to the widgets, then be able to see the code for the newly designed widget, and maybe customize from there. From Andrews comments, looks like there are two version created based on the appid, in server folder, and one in the client (stemapp) folder.

It would be the same for Robert's eSearch widget. I have made changes to that on the WAB side, but when download the app into the webserver, those changes are not there.

These comments helped a lot, thanks.,

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Trevor,

OK when you said made changes, I thought you meant code changes. What you mean is you configured the settings for widgets. So once you create a new app and configure widgets you then download the app as covered by the link in my post above and all your widget configuration will be present in this downloaded app.

TrevorRobar2
New Contributor II

robertvwcgishack‌ 

You guys led me in the right direct! Within the "WAB Folder"\Server\apps\... The app ID folder has a configs folder which contain all the widgets that I had made changes to for my template app on WAB. I can see the code for what I had done in my template app. Also, noted to backup folder before I start inserting any code. 

Thanks,