Where are the older Web AppBuilder Developer Editions

Jump to solution
10-05-2016 07:52 AM
TimDine
Occasional Contributor II

This is a repeat question, but it appears to me the old answer isn't valid anymore.

Logged into the developers download page, using the cloud button, and  I can see downloads for many things including the previous versions of the JavaScript API.  I no longer see the web app builder.  I'm looking for a copy of version 1.2 to narrow down a potential issue.

I've also checked https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/ which has a download of the latest version (2.1), no older versions.

Are they still somewhere that I'm not checking?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

All,

FYI, you can now download earlier releases of Web AppBuilder Developer Edition from here,

SDK Downloads | ArcGIS for Developers 

(look near the bottom of the right column)

Thanks for your patience and hope this helps,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

I am seeing the same. For some reason WAB dev edition is not a choice for download as it was in the past. If you tell me what version you need I can provide it though.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I think you are correct that the links to download the older WAB versions is no longer available, the link on my Resource List is also coming up empty.

dlaw-esristaff‌ could probably answer whether this is a temporary situation or permanent.  My guess though is they want users to move to the newer version and/or are saying they aren't supporting previous versions.  Unlike actual software releases, I don't think there is  a chart listing the "life-support" for WAB dev edition, and with releases/updates coming out about every 3-4 months, I'm sure they are trying to discourage using older versions.

DerekLaw

Hi Tim,

We don't make older releases of Web AppBuilder Developer Edition available for download, as we prefer to promote the latest release. Please send me an email: dlaw@esri.com and I can get a copy of v1.2 to you.

Hope this helps,

LucasScharenbroich
Occasional Contributor

This is a bit troubling.  We have custom widgets and themes that we help develop for clients that, for one reason or another, remain on a specific version of Web AppBuilder. With the ability to download previous versions removed, we are scrambling to try and find copies of older downloads in order to perform new setups.  

I understand providing the most recent version by default, but to have totally removed the ability to get an older version is not helpful.  The old download page that allowed up to selects a version for download was a really nice feature, IMO.

DerekLaw

All,

We're looking into this request: for a location to download older releases of Web AppBuilder Developer Edition. Possibly on this page: https://developers.arcgis.com/downloads/

I'll post a status update when I have one to share.

DerekLaw

All,

FYI, you can now download earlier releases of Web AppBuilder Developer Edition from here,

SDK Downloads | ArcGIS for Developers 

(look near the bottom of the right column)

Thanks for your patience and hope this helps,