WebApp Builder Dev 403 Forbidden

08-10-2020 02:06 PM
BrianKeller__GISP
New Contributor III

So i've got a doosie!

I have a WAB app im trying to deploy on my web server via IIS.

https://edacarc.unm.edu/test/

We have even deployed a simpler default app, with zero modifications made, still the same issues:

https://edacarc.unm.edu/test6/ 

I have been getting a revolving door of errors, which seem inconsistent, and in some cases/networks, no errors at all...

• 403 Forbidden on widgets/.js files
  • CORS errors
  • invalid MIME types

ESRI support has confirmed the app file runs without issue on their local machines, so the assumption is that its something with how our IIS/Server is configured.

Help!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

The only error I am seeing on those to test site links is an svg mime type issue. Seems like your web server does not have the svg mime type configured.

0 Kudos
BrianKeller__GISP
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply! I was hoping you would chime in, and fortunately (or not) you seem to be one of the lucky folks who isn't encountering the 403/CORS issues. We had a couple of font MIME issues, and the SVG was on my list to fix as well. We also saw the following, more troubling MIME warning in some cases:

The biggest frustration with all of this seems to be the inconsistency.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

That sounds like your json mime type is not configured properly. the json mime type should be configured as "application/json"

0 Kudos
BrianKeller__GISP
New Contributor III

Here is whats currently setup.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

That does not make sense based on the warning message you posted above. And Like you said earlier even stranger yet is I don't get that arning youing your link provided.

0 Kudos
BrianKeller__GISP
New Contributor III

Yea, we've gone through 3 esri support reps and tried a variety of possible solutions all with no luck.

If you have another network to try on, give it a shot, it seems to vary person to person.

Looking at standing up an entirely new VM and seeing if anything changes.

0 Kudos