Web AppBuilder stops allowing you to save configuration.

09-28-2015 10:55 AM
PaulDoherty2
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone else had an issue where you suddenly can no longer make new changes to their web mapping app in Web AppBuilder? All of a sudden the "Save" button is stuck on "Saved"? It is probably a known bug, but does anyone know of a workaround other than starting over?

Capture.JPG

34 Replies
LeoQuayle
New Contributor

Thats add a custom widget by the way....

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

So the error exists in the custom widget. What custom widget? Is the widget developed for the same version of WAB that you are using? Are there any errors in your web browsers web console?

0 Kudos
LeoQuayle
New Contributor

HI Robert

Thanks for your assistance. Your first response has confirmaed that the error is in my custom widget…That a start for me. The second is it pointed me to the consol which shows a whole host of errors…. Doh! I have a bit of learning to do! All I wanted was a widget which would offer me a dropdown menu of items to select from. I was then going to see if I could get a map symbolised using the option selected (but that was another step…) See the config log below

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

As this is off subject for this post now I would suggest starting a new thread if you need further help.

0 Kudos
LeoQuayle
New Contributor

Ok. Thanks Robert.

Leo

0 Kudos
DianaWalker1
New Contributor II

I have the same problem with a web app, where all the data is in AGOL.  I did the resizing of the web browser and the save became active again.

Thanks Richard for figuring this out!!!

JulieRoebotham
New Contributor III

Just out of curiosity - for those who were seeing this happen - was the web app one that had ever originally been 'saved as' from an original web app? like - it started as one web app, then you Save-As to another name and repoint to a new map? 

0 Kudos
DavidWendelken
Occasional Contributor

Not for me.  Always started from a new app.

0 Kudos
PramodHarithsa1
Occasional Contributor II

..and this still happens. Resizing the window saved. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Don_Barker
New Contributor III

Still happening here, too.  In an app that was created from original, not Saved As.  No custom widgets.  AGOL version of WAB.

I tried all the workarounds listed above:  Resizing, Chrome, Firefox, Edge.  Cannot save the next edit.  Am starting over.

0 Kudos