Web AppBuilder stops allowing you to save configuration.

09-28-2015 10:55 AM
PaulDoherty2
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone else had an issue where you suddenly can no longer make new changes to their web mapping app in Web AppBuilder? All of a sudden the "Save" button is stuck on "Saved"? It is probably a known bug, but does anyone know of a workaround other than starting over?

Capture.JPG

34 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

In 2019, I am encountering this issue as well. I tried resizing the window and no luck....any other thoughts? 

I am trying to create a web app with my new Enterprise account. I have worked with ArcGIS Online for over a year but this is my first attempt working with Enterprise, so perhaps I am missing something? There also seems to be an issue where the pop-ups don't inherit any of the configurations I made in the web map. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
GarethBaker1

Just encountered this with an app in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 which was originally created by doing a save as from a different app (we were on 10.6 at the time the save as took place).  The resizing the window suggestion seems to have worked for us so I'm very grateful for that tip!

0 Kudos
DonMorrison1

This is probably a different problem, but I just had a situation where I could not save updates to the Query widget configuration - all the other widgets were OK. Clicking the save button appeared to do nothing - but it did throw an error in the JavaScript console. In any case this was caused by a change to the schema of the underlying data source. I had to go into the web app JSON and update it to match and now I can save configuration changes. Perhaps this type of problem also affects other widgets too....

MollyJordan
New Contributor II

Cant believe this thread is still alive...but I am curious. Working in WAB I have had this same issue of the save button getting stuck in "saved" and resizing the browser work around fixed this for me. Unfortunately, this save issue coincided with another issue that I(and other) have had where it resets the theme and widgets to the default app settings. 

Anyone else experience this reset or have any solutions? 

Molly

0 Kudos
MarkLancaster
New Contributor

I have this problem on six web apps (Foldable Theme with five widgets in the left panel) that were created back in 2020 and I need to update. I have found that the apps will save if the Info Summary widget is removed. The presence or absence of other widgets have no effect. Resizing the browser window just changes the "Saving" back to "Save" but does not go to "Saved," which I assume means the app was not actually saved. Sure would be nice if this was figured out. I kind of need the info summary widget.

0 Kudos