Web AppBuilder stops allowing you to save configuration.

09-28-2015 10:55 AM
PaulDoherty2
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone else had an issue where you suddenly can no longer make new changes to their web mapping app in Web AppBuilder? All of a sudden the "Save" button is stuck on "Saved"? It is probably a known bug, but does anyone know of a workaround other than starting over?

Capture.JPG

34 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paul,

There is nothing you can change in the apps properties or widgets settings that will make the save appear?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Is it that you can't make new changes, or that it says "Saved" that you are worried about?  If you make a change, with it show "Save" again (typically behavior....then after you hit Save, changes to Saved).

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Paul,

I have had it get stuck and have to log out of Portal for ArcGIS and back in again to clear it up.

I have adopted the save often habit - just in case.

The other weird thing I've seen is when you change the drawing order in the mxd after publishing the service, webmap and web appbuilder app it will mess up query widgets, identify results, etc. To prevent that I have adopted the "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for map service publishing" option in the mxd data frame's General tab before publishing the service for the first time.

-Bill

PaulDoherty2

Thank you Bill Fox​, Rebecca Strauch, GISP​, and Robert Scheitlin​ for your response. But so far nothing proposed has fixed the problem. This has happened with 2 separate applications where Save turns to Saved and nothing can change it.

- deleting a widget

- changing the name of the title

- adding a widget

- signing out and back in

- clearing history / cookies

- different browser

- incognito mode in Chrome

So I am hoping someone at Esri can propose a workaround and notify us if there is an existing bug. This is an absolute 'showstopper' because if you have a live application, you cannot just take it down and start over.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paul,

if you are using the developer version then open the appbuilder.log found at [install dir]\server\logs and see if there is a clue there.

PaulDoherty2

I am working through this with Esri Support case number 01695480

The only work around so far is:

1) Save As a new app, but this breaks all the widgets

2) Changing the theme to a new theme, but this also breaks all the widgets.

No clue as to what is causing the problem as we cannot replicate it.

JunshanLiu

This looks strange, could you post your browser console log?

BTW, "1) Save As a new app, but this breaks all the widgets" do you mean the app stops working after save as?

0 Kudos
JakeSlyder
New Contributor II

I just encountered issue myself on the ArcGIS Online version.  The way I got around it was to save a copy of the app, choose a different theme and then this allows you to save again.  Once you've saved as a different theme, then you can change back to the theme you were initially working with.  In my case, all my widgets were still there and properly configured, but then I was able to save again. 

PaulDoherty2

Ok great workaround, although if you have the app embedded or shared, you will need to update those URLs. I worked through this issue with Esri Support, however, we were unable to replicate the issue on their end.

I have had this happen to two applications, but cannot figure out what is common between all of these cases.

Thanks for posting.