Web AppBuilder Developer Customizing the HeaderController Widget

Jump to solution
03-18-2019 09:01 AM
MatthewBarr6
New Contributor II

Good Morning,

I am attempting to customize the Header Controller widget and I am running into a roadblock.  So far I have been able to adjust the header's height, adjust my logo size, and stacked my title and subtitle.  Now I want to align my links to the right side of the header and change the links from a label to an icon.

Below is a screenshot of what I currently have.

What I would like to do now is move the Facebook/Twitter links to the right side of the header and then replace the labels with an icon. Below is a rough idea of what I am trying to accomplish.

This is all I have been able to find.  The screenshot below is in my main config.json file

And this is what I found in the widgets/HeaderController/css/style.css file.  Not sure if this is where I would do my edits.

I am primarily a python coder so I am very new still to the web development world so any help would greatly be appreciated.  Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

Probably your simplest way to do this is to use the custom Url Button widget.

Url Button Widget Version 2.5 - 08/10/2017 

Otherwise you will have to do a lot of re-coding of the HeaderController widget to make the links be icons and move their container to be on the right.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

Probably your simplest way to do this is to use the custom Url Button widget.

Url Button Widget Version 2.5 - 08/10/2017 

Otherwise you will have to do a lot of re-coding of the HeaderController widget to make the links be icons and move their container to be on the right.

0 Kudos
MatthewBarr6
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply, I will look into this!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos
MatthewBarr6
New Contributor II

I just did, thanks again I was able to finish my site!

0 Kudos