Web app not working on chrome

Jump to solution
03-24-2021 01:46 PM
Labels (1)
JeffreyWitkamp
New Contributor

We have a portal set up for our company with a custom themed web app. Last week one of the employees complained that he could not access any feature popups on the webapp.

This week the same happened to me. I cannot use the coordinate widget, no popups are loading, and I cannot use measurement tools. Seems like all onclick content broke for Google Chrome.

Clearing cache, changing users or restarting the server doesn't do anything. There are no strange error logs.

All of this content is also working just fine on Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Really seems to be a sudden Chrome thing but I dont know how to fix it.

Also found this post from about 2 weeks ago detailing the same issue: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-web-appbuilder-questions/custom-web-app-not-working-in-chrome/t...

Tags (2)
44 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks DanDan. I have just opened the troublesome apps in Chrome, done a quick zoom in and out, and everything suddenly worked. I've just done a reboot and without needing to zoom in and out again everything still works. You Sir, are a legend!

0 Kudos
chaims
by
New Contributor II

Can anybody confirm if this is happening on mobile android phones as well? We are intermittently experiencing what seems to be this issue, with mobile users using a WAB web app, but I don't see anyone mentioning mobile phones?

0 Kudos
TerryOD
New Contributor III

Hi, we have a report of a user using Android phone chrome browser 89.0.4389.105. Would also be interested in any workarounds for that 🙂 I saw this post linked and look like the chrome developers may roll back this change 1192449 - Mouse pointer event return clientX/Y as double data type - chromium

CraigShephard
New Contributor II

Yep. Can confirm from Android apps not performing (zoom in/out widget is inoperable). Tried both Chrome and Samsung internet browsers, same result observed.

Seems this is not a chrome only issue, refer BUG-000138681 which was posted (closed) yesterday (3rd May).

Our apps are built in WAB and hosted in AGOL (not portal).

Any help to bring our UX for users on mobile back would be welcome.

Thanks, Craig.

chaims
by
New Contributor II

We are experiencing this same issue, and turning the browser zoom back to 100% fixes it. But... does anybody have a workaround that would help on Android mobile phones? We seem to be experiencing the same issue on some Android mobile phones, but can't fix it with the same approach.

0 Kudos