Web App Builder HTTPS Issues

Jump to solution
06-03-2019 07:30 AM
StephenPalka
New Contributor II

I'm having some issues with the Attribute Table widget in a web app I created - no attributes will load.

Looking at the developer console in Chrome I am getting an error that I am trying to load mixed content. The URL the error is highlighting is the old map service REST URL I was using before a reverse proxy had been set up to allow the service to be reached via HTTPS.

The map service, and web map data sources have all been updated in AGOL but this issue still persists.

Additionally, if I create a new web application and load the same web map I am currently using in the app I am having the issue with, I no longer get this warning.

Any ideas why my web app is still trying to access the old REST service even though it has been updated?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenPalka
New Contributor II

I wasn't trying to use mixed content. All the layers should have been using HTTPS, but after getting our service set up in our reverse proxy, and updating the layer references, some things were still pointing to the old REST URL.

I think this was because when I first created my web map I used a map image layer that was created from my REST service. After updating my references, some items in the web map were pointing to the new REST URL while others were pointing to the old map image layer.

After deleting the map image layer everything seemed to be fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
StephenPalka
New Contributor II

I used ArcGIS Online Assistant to look at the JSON for the web map and the web app. It looks like the references in the web map were all updated to point at the new REST URL but the URLs in the web app were not updated like I thought they should have been. 

I was able to edit the JSON and change all the references to the new URL. The web app seems to be working now.

Still not sure why this would happen in the first place. I'm assuming this isn't working as intended. Are there any best practices to avoid this issue in the future?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stephen,

Just avoid using mixed content. There are many widgets that allow you to specify a map service url and thus you can unintentionally use a http protocol.

0 Kudos
StephenPalka
New Contributor II

I wasn't trying to use mixed content. All the layers should have been using HTTPS, but after getting our service set up in our reverse proxy, and updating the layer references, some things were still pointing to the old REST URL.

I think this was because when I first created my web map I used a map image layer that was created from my REST service. After updating my references, some items in the web map were pointing to the new REST URL while others were pointing to the old map image layer.

After deleting the map image layer everything seemed to be fixed.

0 Kudos