web app builder developer application once deployed and added as An Application, what is the best way to update?

Jump to solution
01-29-2018 01:27 PM
PhilBeilin1
Occasional Contributor

I created an application using Web AppBuilder Developer's Edition. The app was deployed onto the companies web server (SDE) and then added to AGOL using the Create + -> An Application.

What is the best way to update the application in the future? I will be leaving this application behind and want to know the best workflow to leave in my documentation for the people responsible for updating it. 

0 Kudos
23 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Steven,

That should have worked fine. Is the app working in WAB Dev properly? Are there any web browser console error that give you a clue as to what is wrong?

0 Kudos
StevenE
New Contributor III

Robert,

It's very strange. After clearing history, cookies, etc. on both Chrome and Firefox, I still get the errors on Chrome. However, it seems to be working fine on Firefox.

On Chrome I get an error: "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404" which is a woff file comes from this directory in the app: \jimu.js\css\fonts.

I also get an error: "Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID" that references the web map service used in the app and ends with =json&callback=dojo_request_script_callbacks.dojo_request_script0   

/jimu.js/MapManager.js?wab_dv=2.8.

The last one I get is: Error: "Error loading https://serverdomain.com/portal/sharing/rest/content/items/abcdefg?f=json&callback=dojo_request_scri...
at MessagePort.e (js.arcgis.com/3.24/init.js:1046)

(anonymous) @ MapManager.js?wab_dv=2.8"  where the last part starting at (anonymous) has a link that takes me to the sources tab of the dev tools, and shows the following:

_createWebMapRaw: function(webMapPortalUrl, webMapItemId, mapDivId, webMapOptions){
var mapDef = jimuUtils.createWebMap(webMapPortalUrl, webMapItemId, mapDivId, webMapOptions);
return mapDef.then(lang.hitch(this, function(response){
return response;
}), lang.hitch(this, function(error){
console.error(error);
if(error && error instanceof Error && error.message){
var cache = i18n.cache;
var key = "esri/nls/jsapi/" + dojoConfig.locale;

Thanks again for all your help, I greatly appreciate it.

Steven

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It may be best to delete the item from your portal and re-add it as it seem like you have changed something in your web map that can not be resolved otherwise.

0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

To add to Robert's response:

I believe that the portal would reference the app if the web app url was added as an item to the portal as 'An Application'

You could replace the app being served by your web server as many times as you want with an updated app.

As long as it contains the same name and directory location, it will continue to be served to the web with the same url.

Your portal will see changes made to the app file because it is simply reading the app's url.