WAB install - never asks for portal URL

09-26-2017 08:39 AM
TyroneLigon1
New Contributor III

Installing WAB Dev version 2.5, connecting to AGS Portal 10.4.1; intranet environment, so I can't provide screen shots.  When I start WAB through the startup file, the browser redirects to '?action=setportalurl', the progress bar reaches about 80%, and then nothing happens.  No errors in the browser console.  WAB Dev is installed on the same server as our portal instance.  I've followed both the ESRI install instructions and the "Tips and Observations" blog post by Rebecca Strauch, and I have the same portal URL issue in both cases.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tyrone,

When you look in the installs server folder do you have a signininfo.json file? If so delete it and see what happens.

0 Kudos
TyroneLigon1
New Contributor III

Robert,

No, that file is not created.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That is strange. Can you try deleting the whole install directory and re-downloading WAB Dev 2.5?

0 Kudos
TyroneLigon1
New Contributor III

I've done that 4 or 5 times already.  I've also tried closing the startup command window and restarting per Rebecca's instructions.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

FWIW, my WAB (all versions) broke a couple weeks ago, but I'm starting to think it has something to do with our network, so not necessarily related to your issue.  Even following my own instructions, and/or the official instructions no longer is working.  (it continually is asking for the portal address, even after with the webID and portal/AGOL log in.  Looking for answers thru other thread myself this week.) 

But I do know that sometimes when I use the startup.bat, the first time it does not work.  I close it and double-click it again, and then it would work.  That might be work a try.

0 Kudos
TyroneLigon1
New Contributor III

I've tried that...my problem is that I've NEVER been asked for the portal URL.

0 Kudos
TyroneLigon1
New Contributor III

Can I create the signininfo.json file so that WAB will read it on startup?  Can somebody provide a sanitized version of their signin file?  Will that even work?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

mine looks something like this, if that helps.

[
  {
    "portalUrl": "https://<your url...minus the arcgis.com for portal>.arcgis.com",
    "appId": "<your appid>",
    "supportsOAuth": true,
    "isWebTier": false
  }
]

0 Kudos
TyroneLigon1
New Contributor III

Thanks...fighting another dumpster fire right now.  Probably get back to this tomorrow and will update the post.

0 Kudos