WAB DE using tons of memory on my server

Jump to solution
03-22-2016 01:18 PM
TimothyRogers
New Contributor III

Installed WAB DE on my windows server and it looks like with every instance, the memory usage by the WAB process increases until the server can't function anymore. Even with no active use, the process is still red-lining my memory. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Timothy,

No an app that contains a custom widget must be served by your own web server. Apps from WAB Dev can not be uploaded to AGOL.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Timothy,

When you say "on my windows server" do you really mean you installed it on on a windows server box..? I ask because this is not a standard practice. The normal practice is to install WAB on a workstation and do all the app development/configuration and then once you are happy you download the app and add it to your web server (normally a windows server box). I would not recommend you have WAB Developer on a windows server box.

TimothyRogers
New Contributor III

That is exactly what we did- installed it on a Windows server box. Can you add the downloaded app back up to AGOL? We're really only using DE to add a custom widget, and would rather host from AGOL than our own server.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Timothy,

No an app that contains a custom widget must be served by your own web server. Apps from WAB Dev can not be uploaded to AGOL.

TimothyRogers
New Contributor III

Thanks! This was way more efficient than sorting through the WAB documentation.

0 Kudos