Print Widget: MapServices in TOC/Legend

03-23-2016 07:34 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is there any specific setting when publishing Map Services that will determine how they behave with other Map Services contained in the legend of the print widget?

For some reason, I have one map service that if included (set visible) all of the other map service layers are suddenly removed from the legend of the pdf output.  Removing that 1 map service (set invisible) and all of the other map services appear just fine in the legend of the pdf output.

WAB v1.3

Print Service mxd source detail:

• Legend (in Layout View) is fixed in size to span total vertical size of layout.
  • Anchor point is Lower Left
  • All boxes checked in "Map Connection" section of the General tab of the Legend Properties dialog
  • (Layout tab of Legend Properties dialog) Gap sizes are set to 0.50 pt, Fitting strategy is set to Fixed Frame - Shrink Contents to fit frame and min font size 0.1 pt.

The other issue is that shrink contents to size and minimum font size doesn't seem to be honored by the print widget and map services just seem to not get added if there are too many in the legend of the print/output pdf.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

I suspect that the issue has to do with Map Service content (text and symbols) in the legend do not scale or cannot be forced to a certain size.

Using WebLayers can sort of work, but only because only those visible in the map extent will be added to the legend thus freeing up some real estate inside the legend.

I really wish map services could be functional as web-layers --- in that if items in a group or classification symbology can be individually controlled as visible or not.

0 Kudos