PDF Links in WAB

Jump to solution
03-23-2016 04:15 AM
PatrickMcGarry
New Contributor III

Can I link to a PDF file using a widget in Web App Builder. The PDF link is in a field in a polygon FC.

!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PatrickMcGarry
New Contributor III

Thanks for all your replies, I fixed this by editing the configure pop-up for the layer in the Map on AGOL. Under Pop-up media I set the link to the image ref field which contained the full location of the PDF.WAB_PDF_Link.JPG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Patrick,

If you field contains a full url then the OTB query widget and the Attribute Table Widget will convert them to hyperlinks. If your field is not a full url then the eSearch will allow you to define your link fields and even add a url prefix and suffix.

JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Yes.  We use the About Widget to show a list of .pdf help documents as well as .mp4 "How To" videos that are launched by clicking on the url's pointing to each one.  We place the source files in the same folder the WAB is deployed to.

PatrickMcGarry
New Contributor III

Thanks for all your replies, I fixed this by editing the configure pop-up for the layer in the Map on AGOL. Under Pop-up media I set the link to the image ref field which contained the full location of the PDF.WAB_PDF_Link.JPG

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Patrick,

Glad you got this worked out don't forget to mark this thread as answered.

0 Kudos