WAB DE 2.7 json formatted strange?

Jump to solution
02-26-2018 09:08 PM
TimHayes
Occasional Contributor III

I am using NotePad++ to edit my app's main config.json. When I open this file in NotePad++ it is formatted all on one line. This has never happened before in earlier versions of WAB DE json files. Here is a screenshot of what I see. Any ideas on if there is way to left justify the code? should I be using a different editor besides NotePad++? I tried ConTEXT and got the same results. 

I hope there is way to get the format so the code is assigned a line number like what I would expect from a json file? the current format makes it incredibly difficult to edit. 

This is with no WordWrap:

This is using WordWrap:

I want it to have the format like this config.json from one of my WAB DE 2.6 apps:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

In the newer WAB versions the config.json and some other files are minifed(uglified) on saving. This is expected behavior now. To Prettify your json in NotePad++ you need the 

JSToolNPP plugin or start using a full JS Editing IDE like Atom, Brackets or VisualStudio Code (which still require a beatify plugin but have more coding features).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

In the newer WAB versions the config.json and some other files are minifed(uglified) on saving. This is expected behavior now. To Prettify your json in NotePad++ you need the 

JSToolNPP plugin or start using a full JS Editing IDE like Atom, Brackets or VisualStudio Code (which still require a beatify plugin but have more coding features).