WAB App Deployment Issue - Keeps loading by clicking index.html file

Jump to solution
09-25-2018 05:53 AM
HaoYe1
by
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am trying to deploy an app downloaded from WAB (version 2.9) to my local computer and I have met this deployment problem.This may be old thread but I am still strugging to troubleshoot it to get idea to the solution. So please bear with me to ask again.

My problem is I cannot open the index.html file from the source folder and view it on my browsers. As shown by pictures the app keeps loading with a white box in a blue background and there is no maps. I think I follow the configuration steps provided by Esri except for the Proxy, but I think I do not need to set up the proxy configuration right now as I have not refered any provate resources but only a public tile map for Esri (see screen).  It is strange because I can remember when 2 days ago it is working when I click the index.html under 

I can open it in WAB with editing function

I cannot open it under server/app as well as in downloaded source code, keeping loading, and when I host it in IIS, it is the same.

It is normall if I open it in WAB rather than clicking the index.html file to view it in browser.

I indeed searched the forum and some people solved the problem by delete the "Extent" tag and associated parameter from , I have tested:

In this thread it mentioned similar issue:https://community.esri.com/thread/216836-issue-deploying-wab-app-to-aws 

It states that deploying app from WAB from AGO and from developer is different and it may causes conflict. Because I do test many deployments, from arcgis  organisation account and from developer account. If this is is the issue, how could I date back to the original state?

Very strange. Hopefully I could get some clue from here.Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hao,

Did you ever change your "Enabled Protocols" for the app to http?

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos
HaoYe1
by
New Contributor

I think it should be the security issue, when I change to Node to host the web and it is working now.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hao,

WAB Dev uses NodeJS as a web server and does not care about IIS. So it working in WAB Dev has nothing to do with your misconfiguration of IIS. I still think you need to change the enabled protocols on your IIS web app.

0 Kudos