Using the Edit Widget to create Polygon records that have automatic area calculations

05-28-2021 04:40 PM
Labels (1)
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm working in an ArcGIS Enterprise 1.8.1 deployment at an organization focused on invasive plant species inventory and treatment.

We have a couple of Feature Layers that are set up for field data collection through Survey123 that automatically calculate the area of polygons entered through the form. (This is accomplished by a formula in the calculate column of the XLSForm).

However, I would also like to be able to create new polygon records for that feature layer through one of our Web App Builder apps. I can add new polygons with the Edit widget, but the handy area calculation present in the Survey123 form doesn't work across the two platforms.

Is there some way I can have it so that any new polygon created for that Feature Layer automatically generates the area in a specific unit? Being able to do so would drastically help us with some inconsistencies that are appearing in our data when it comes time for reporting.

Thanks!

Henry
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidMurray_ODWC
New Contributor III

The Draw/Sketch widget has something like that functionality.  (Not very helpful, I realize, but I was browsing others' questions and stopped to look.)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos