Smart editor widget requiring field when it's not required.

Jump to solution
04-05-2019 02:55 PM
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

Summary: Smart editor widget requiring field when it's not a required field. Using WAB (online edition) with dashboard theme.

'Polygon Line Key' and 'Non-Territorial Line Key' are esriFieldTypeGUID, but they are not required (i.e. nullable: true). Smart editor widget requires these fields to be populated in order to save feature. These are the only two fields that show the message 'The value entered is not valid.' This message makes sense because I didn't enter a guid, but since it's a nullable field, these values should be allowed to be blank.

Creating features via the editor widget works fine as does creating features in a web map.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimmyKnowles

BUG has been fixed in latest release of WAB.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimmyKnowles

Just in case anyone else comes across this. There are two relatively easy workarounds. 

1. Enter in a "null" GUID. I.e. 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
  2. Set the default to the same 'null' GUID for those fields. I think this needs to be done prior to publishing or in the web map in your feature templates. I've got a ton of feature templates, so it was easier for me to go back to my gdb that I'm publishing from and set the default there.

Esri technical support is looking into this to see if it's a bug.

0 Kudos
JimmyKnowles

Just to follow-up, this has been filed as a bug. 

BUG-000121850

0 Kudos
JimmyKnowles

BUG has been fixed in latest release of WAB.

0 Kudos