Smart Editor showing fields in edit interface but now view interface

03-11-2021 07:38 AM
DavidBondy1
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm encountering an issue with Smart Editor where new fields that are added to the database table after the initial creation of the app are showing up in the editing interface (attachment # 1) but when you launch the app, the new fields are not visible (attachment # 2).

Here are a couple details about my setup:

• Feature service being edited is referenced and ties back to an oracle geodatabase
  • Using Portal 10.8.0, enterprise
  • The feature service being edited has related tables (1 to many relationship), the issue i'm seeing is with the related table. New fields in the main feature class do appear in the viewing interface.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? I don't want to delete the widget and re-add it because the field order is custom and it's very painful re-ordering fields in smart editor.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Its probably not the reason as you sound versed in Web App Builder, but have you checked the Pop-Up Configuration on the Web Map?

This has gotten me in the past.

If that isn't it, i have no idea.

0 Kudos
DavidBondy1
New Contributor III

That helped, I took a look at the layers in the web map and it looked like they were added using the service URL. No idea is that was causing the issue but I ended up having to re-adding the layer (not with the service URL) and then re-configuring the widget. I'll find out if that fixes the problem next time we add new fields.

Thanks for the comment.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

HI @DavidBondy1 ,

Two things come to mind first. As Scott mentioned above, make sure the fields are visible in the web map pop-up.

Also, make sure to open the Smart Editor widget configuration and save it again with the new fields - simply open the app in builder mode, open the Smart Editor configuration, click Save and save your application (basically, this will refresh the widget configuration after you've added those new fields). Smart Editor stores the state of the fields due to the different actions and relationships that may be set upon them, so some changes require that the configuration be refreshed (saved again) to take into account changes external to the widget itself.

DavidBondy1
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, refreshing the widget didn't solve the problem.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@DavidBondy1 , 
I believe this issue will require some more investigating to better understand what's going on. I would recommend contacting Esri Support and providing your data as a sample so we can further look into this and resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
SamanthaK
New Contributor

Hi @DavidBondy1 and @AlixVezina ,

I have the exact same problem. Did you by any chance manage to solve this? I would love to hear how if you did!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi all,

I think what's happening is that the feature template attribute is missing in your service's JSON and so the values are not coming through, and same issue with the presets. This is a known bug right now.

A workaround for this is to update the feature's edit templates in the web map - which should add the template back into the JSON and resolve the issues.

For example here is a sample layer where my new field added through Pro is missing in the template attributes (see on the right):

AlixVezina_0-1640039010338.png AlixVezina_1-1640039010212.png

In your web map you will need to manage the feature templates for that layer.

AlixVezina_2-1640039010428.png

And then just click "SAVE CHANGES" at the bottom (even if you haven't made any changes in the map). The template will be written into the JSON and the values (defaults and presets) will come through in Smart Editor.

AlixVezina_3-1640039010210.png

AlixVezina_4-1640039010213.png

0 Kudos