Smart Editor Intersect Persists When Intersect Layer Is Turned Off

Jump to solution
04-24-2021 06:08 PM
MichaelChristensen31
New Contributor II

While using the intersect functionality in Smart Editor, I would like to control which layers contribute data to the new feature such that if I turn off a layer that is used as the intersect layer, it will not pass attribute data into the new feature. Currently it seems that the intersect passes the data in whether or not the layer is turned on as visible using the layer selector.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@MichaelChristensen31 This should now be resolved since the April update of ArcGIS Online (values filtered out were still returned in some cases - but note the intersection still works even if the layer is turned off from the map using the Layer List).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MichaelChristensen31, is your application built in ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise. If it's Enterprise, which version of Portal are you currently using? Thank you!

0 Kudos
MichaelChristensen31
New Contributor II
ArcGIS Online.
0 Kudos
MichaelChristensen31
New Contributor II

I did figure out that if I apply a filter to remove the unwanted polygons, the intersect does not pick them up.

Thank you.

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@MichaelChristensen31 This should now be resolved since the April update of ArcGIS Online (values filtered out were still returned in some cases - but note the intersection still works even if the layer is turned off from the map using the Layer List).

0 Kudos