Remove powered by ESRI logo

Jump to solution
08-20-2015 04:12 PM
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

any pointers on how to remove the 'Powered by ESRI' Logo and image attributes?

JavaScript API would be setting it to false..  but where in these Web Apps would that be done?

map = new esri.Map("map", {    extent: initExtent,    logo:false  });

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

Hi,

is solved this in DeveloperEdition by adding this to the "map"-section in config.json:

"mapOptions": { "logo": false}

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I'm not really familiar with the Web AppBuilder, however, according to the documentation, you can download and host the app yourself - Deploy app—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers. If you are doing this, maybe run a find-in-files search in the app using Notepad++, or however you'd like to do that, for the instantiation of the map and add the option param to disable the logo.

I've never seen what the Web AppBuilder creates - it might be minified JS, but you can at least pretty-print it easily... Notepad++ has a plug-in that will do this for you.

I didn't see anywhere in the documentation where you could configure this in the app config files, and I'm assuming you looked through the generation options, so it sounds like you may have to edit it yourself. I could be wrong on this, though! The other option if you're hosting the app - you could just add some css... something like this should work:

div.esriControlsBR {
        display: none;
      }
0 Kudos
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

Hi,

is solved this in DeveloperEdition by adding this to the "map"-section in config.json:

"mapOptions": { "logo": false}

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Nice! Andre, I perused the Web AppBuilder documentation last night - totally missed where you could set map options (I blame lack of sleep... that's my story)! For anyone who may be looking - you can find it here:

Map configuration—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

MichaelRobb

Greatly appreciate the Link to the documentation as well!  Thank you!

0 Kudos
C_EHoward

Is there any way to do this in the non-developer edition? I downloaded the code from my app I created at AGOL and have successfully modified some of the settings in the config.json, such as making the title/header bar longer.

I searched for the code examples in this thread but could not find where I could remove the logo.

Maybe its not possible in something that did not originate in the developer edition?

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews

If you're working with the web appbuilder in AGOL or Portal rather than developer edition, they don't allow for removing the esri logo.

MonaBrisco
New Contributor III

I used at the specific app level in WAB developer: add the below to the jimu.css file ../server/apps/app#/jimu.js/css/

.map .logo-med {

visibility: hidden;

}

Just another option...

Mona

FranceLabrecque
New Contributor

I would like to remove the logo from the map that are included in my story map. Currently, I'm using arcgis online, everything is hosted on arc gis online. Do the solution above imply that i would need to host the code of my story map on my own servers ?

Am I allow to remove the logo in the ArcGis online environment?

thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eiffel,

In the AGOL environment no you will not be able to remove it and actually should not remove it unless you are using your own basemap (non-Esri).