Query Widget works while in Dev mode but not in the app

647
10
08-05-2019 03:32 PM
DougBrowning
MVP Notable Contributor

We have a Query widget that keeps breaking.  It works fine in WAB (AGOL one) when in dev mode.  But in the actual app it will work the first time then the Apply button just stops doing anything.  It still works in dev mode though.

So what is up here?  We rebuilt the entire map and app - then yet again it worked at first then Apply stopped doing anything.  Google shows it is not even trying to make a call.  

We send the app to someone else and it does not work either.

We can even add a new query to it in dev and works.  Open the regular app and it works the first time.  Do a second query and Apply goes dead on us.  Add a 3rd query, works, repeat.  ALL queries continue to work while in the Dev - even in the same browser!

We have been battling this for days now and can find no pattern.  Loosing a lot of time on this.

thanks

10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Doug,


  Are there any errors in the browsers web console when the query does not work?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Notable Contributor

Nope console shows that nothing is happening.  No calls or anything.  Apply does depress but just nothing.  Does continue to work in the dev mode.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Notable Contributor

Got a message today

init.js:2503 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parse' of null
    at Object.constructor (init.js:2503)
    at new <anonymous> (init.js:201)
    at clone (init.js:66)
    at Object._mixin (init.js:61)
    at clone (init.js:66)
    at Object._mixin (init.js:61)
    at clone (init.js:66)
    at Object._mixin (init.js:61)
    at Object.clone (init.js:66)
    at Object._getCleanClonedCurrentAttrs (Widget.js?wab_dv=2.13:8)‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Same in IE

Also other Queries seem to be working in that same widget.  Just this one.  Even when we add a simple 1 field query on this FC it dies.  I can query via the service URL just fine.

Edit there is a second FC doing it as well.  But both of the non working have the same schema.  I was working for weeks.  Went out last Thursday.  Rebuilt it all from scratch and it worked Friday and part of Monday.  Now it is broke.  Up until this morning it worked in dev mode but now that stopped also.  They are all in the same service.

I even built new maps and tested on the downloaded WAB also and it does it there also.  Service URL query still works.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Notable Contributor

Now we registered all the map services with AGOL.  Built a new map and app.  Query worked.  For about an hour then it died again!  

So something is shutting it off at some point.  We also have seen some simple changes go missing at at times.  Like we change a help URL and then it reverts back.

Rebuilt it all 10-20 times now and it just keeps breaking.

Also what is weird is if I have a app open and my coworker does also - his query breaks at some point.  Mine continues to work - until I refresh the browser - then mine breaks also.  These are totally different apps with mine even being a local WAB one and his is on AGOL.  How can these be connected?  Are we exceeding some limit or something and getting cut off.  Grasping at straws here.

thanks

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Notable Contributor

Custom filters on these layers do not work either.

Here is the line it is stuck on

this._setSyntaxTree(this.profile.parse(this));this.async=this.async||this.profile.isAsync(this)},hasGeometryOperations:function(){var a=this._traits.geometryOperations;void 0===a&&(a=this._traits.geometryOperations=f.hasGeometryOperations(this.syntaxTree));return a},hasFeatureSetOperations:function(){var a=this._traits.featureSetOperations;void 0===a&&(a=this._traits.featureSetOperations=f.hasFeatureSetOperations(this.syntaxTree));
return

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Notable Contributor

Ok we may have finally found it.  

If there is ANY Arcade expression in the map it breaks.  Even if that Arcade expression is on a different layer than the layer for the query!  That made@ it so hard to find.

Robert Scheitlin, GISP any idea why Arcade breaks the Query widget?  We are using the AGOL builder but same on WAB.  

Has anyone used Arcade in a map that uses the Query widget?  Seems like this would have been caught in the past.

We are using Arcade to get the photo link.  We only do that because the {relationship/0/photolink} attribute also just plain stopped working.  No idea why - would love to get that back.  See post about it here https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2017/07/18/conditional-field-disp... 

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Doug,

  Sorry I do not know why this is happening.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Notable Contributor

Thanks Robert.  Hopefully Esri will see this and chime in.  Seems like a big issue.

All the {relationship} fields are no longer working either.  That is why I tried Arcade.  So now 2 diff ways do not work.  Sigh.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Notable Contributor

We have now found out that another dept has the same issue with Arcade and the Search widget.

This one is a logged bug... that has been open since January.  BUG-000119262: The Search widget does not redirect or zoom to a fea..    Seems like a big bug to let go this long.

0 Kudos