Query Widget: Pre-Configure Show all Related Records in the Results Window

Jump to solution
12-30-2020 03:50 PM
SamanthaCarr2
New Contributor

Hello, 

I had a question regarding the Query Widget in ArcGIS Web App Builder. I am working with a county level shapefile that is related to an area of interest table via a 1:M join, and this area of interest table is subsequently related to a contact information table via a 1:1 join.

I have been using both the spatial filter query (to allow the user to define an area of interest and see what groups are interested in the region and obtain their contact information) and the where clause query (which allows the user to select one or more group's names to visualize what counties they are interested in, and subsequently obtain their contact information). In both cases, the results window does not immediately display the details I would like the user to access. For the spatial filter, it displays the county shapefile's pop-up window results (rather than group name and contact information from the related table), and in the case of the where clause, it does display the option to navigate to a group's contact information, but does not immediately allow the user to visualize the area's of interest on the map. In both cases, I have been using the ellipses => Show all related records to access the contact information table for the spatial filter query and to access the related county shapefile in the where clause, allowing the user to visually see groups' areas of interest on the map. Thus, I wanted to ask if there is any way to pre-configure the query widget to by default display the related records in the results window (i.e. so the user, who may not be familiar with web app builder/gis does not need to navigate to the results through the ellipses)? In both cases I am unable to initiate the query from the related records data source directly as the spatial filter by default requires a shapefile, and in regards to the where clause the group names I am giving to the user are not an attribute of the shapefile itself, but are stored in its two related tables (areas of interest and contact information respectively). Thank you very much for your feedback on this, it is much appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shaylavi
Esri Contributor

This sounds like a very specific and custom behaviour that needs to be coded either on top of this widget or for a new custom widget.

Shay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
shaylavi
Esri Contributor

This sounds like a very specific and custom behaviour that needs to be coded either on top of this widget or for a new custom widget.

Shay
0 Kudos