Query a query result

Jump to solution
05-09-2016 05:02 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I am trying to find a way to narrow down a selection done by a query.

I tried the Query tool with an expression set but I don't want to force my user to give a value for each of the variables.

So I thought of using the operational layer from the query result somehow but I don't see a way to query this one.

As an example: I have a query defined for the user to look for those plots that are bigger than 100 ha. Now he should be able to apply on this result a different query e.g. distance to next settlement or maximum elevation (both attributes of the same layer the first   query was applied to).

How could I do that?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nicole,

There is not an OTB widget that supports this.

but I don't want to force my user to give a value for each of the variables

If you use WAB Developer Edition then you can add custom widgets and the Enhanced Search Widget Version 2.0.1.1 - 4/27/16 allows for search parameters that are configured but not marked as required to not be filled out. The widget will see that the parameter is null and thus not use that portion in the final SQL statement.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nicole,

There is not an OTB widget that supports this.

but I don't want to force my user to give a value for each of the variables

If you use WAB Developer Edition then you can add custom widgets and the Enhanced Search Widget Version 2.0.1.1 - 4/27/16 allows for search parameters that are configured but not marked as required to not be filled out. The widget will see that the parameter is null and thus not use that portion in the final SQL statement.

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Robert. At the moment I don't have a server available to host customized widgets but I will keep it in mind.

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Okaaaayyyyy, working on getting familiar with the customized widgets and the WAB Developer Edition now 😉

0 Kudos