Select to view content in your preferred language

Proximity search in NearMe widget doesn't work in my Enterprise when my server is not online

04-21-2022 02:11 AM
Labels (1)
AHMEDALY
New Contributor II

Why does NearMe widget require me to make my server online in my enterprise in order to run? when offline the widget only shows the search result but doesn't make a proximity search and shows me no result is found message

For my knowledge it makes buffer so it doesn't need a network service or any services from ArcOnline server

Need help in that please

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianLeroux
Regular Contributor

I believe this is because the widget is designed to use the geometry service from your portal.

In the widget.js around line 204 I see this code that indicates that is what it is doing.

//get portal info to fetch geometry service Url
        portalUtils.getPortalSelfInfo(this.appConfig.portalUrl).then(lang.hitch(
          this,
          function (portalInfo) {
            // get helper-services from portal object
            this.config.helperServices = portalInfo && portalInfo.helperServices;
            if (this.config.helperServices && this.config.helperServices.geometry) {
0 Kudos
AHMEDALY
New Contributor II

Thanks alot,

It makes a lot of sense. Also do you recommend any workarounds in order to use the widget without the need into going online?

0 Kudos
BrianLeroux
Regular Contributor

If you are using the developer edition of webapp builder you can customize the widgets. In this case I would try to modify this widget to utilize the ArcGIS Online geometry service. https://tasks.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer

0 Kudos