Printing with ArcGIS Web App Builder 1.0

12-30-2014 10:25 AM
YaneevGolombek
New Contributor II

Hi. I've been playing with the Beta versions of new Web App Builder and just downloaded the 1.0 version. A great tool for simple web mapping apps. The only issue I've been having with all versions is the print function. Every time I try to print with every format, I get an "Error, Try Again". Just curious if anyone else out there has experienced this and/or have found a way around it. I was hoping that any bug would be ironed out in the Beta versions prior to release, but it appears to be doing the same thing (on my end at least...).

Thanks,

(pic attached)

Yaneev

13 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yaneev,

Sounds like you forgot to setup a proxy.

Deploy the app

Do the following to deploy the app on your web server:

1. Unzip the downloaded app.
  2. Add a proxy to your app. Refer to Use proxy for details.
  3. Add and register the app. Refer to Add apps and Register your app.
  4. Copy and paste the AppID to the appId property in the app config file. Save the file.
  5. Deploy the app on your web server.
0 Kudos
YaneevGolombek
New Contributor II

Thanks for the advice Robert,

I'm still having some issues though. When I deploy the app and paste it to my web-server location, everything works fine accept the print app. It has the issues mentioned above. In the config file, the default proxy is listed as:

"httpProxy": {

"useProxy": true,

"url": "/proxy.js"

}

I attempted to change the URL to the same value as the "appId". Still, same result as the clip in the first post above. Any further advise? I have to admit, I am very unfamiliar with proxy's, their purpose and how to set them.

Thanks!!

yaneev

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yaneev,

Ya, you need to read the documentation about the proxy. The default proxy that you are using is only for NodeJS that is running on the developer version of WAB and is NOT for a deployed app on your web server.

Use proxy—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

0 Kudos
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

Hi,

i could encircle the problem. If I deactivate the httpProxy-Element (useProxy: false) in config.json of the WAB-app, printing works. With activated httpProxy, the PrintingTools-Service log throws an exception (code='20010'), when trying to access secured services.

It seems, that the printwidget is able to process the credentials only, when they are directly typed in to unlock the secured services, but it isn't able to process those credentials, which are provided by the proxy.

I requested a support-ticket; I'll keep you updated

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de
0 Kudos
TarigAhmed1
New Contributor III

I'm having the same problem with WAB on ArcGIS online.

How do I configure the proxy there?

I can print just fine if I'm outside our network.

Thanks,

StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

Hi,

I got the same issue with the print widget. I also have configured our proxy properly and the redirection of Export Web Map Task works fine. But the error only appears when creating a web app with web app builder (developer version), which is installed on our windows server. The error appears both in develope mode ([xxx]:3344/webappbuilder/?id=2) and also in production mode after deployment. But If the web app is created with web app builder integrated in AGOL the print widget works fine.

In both cases I used our own printing service from an AGS installed on the same windows server. I think the proxy is configured the right way, since our token-based secured service are redirected properly. The deployment was done exactly like the 5 points you mentioned.

Any help or hints would be great!

Thanks,

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de
0 Kudos
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

Hi,

I could solve the problem. I followed the instuctions from ArcGIS Help 10.1 (GIS-Server authentication) and it worked! Not the WAB printwidget was the problem, but the printing service's access rights.

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de
YaneevGolombek
New Contributor II

I'm glad you got it to work. I went through the tutorials you mentioned, published the Geoprocessing web print tool and still having issues. My architecture is set up where I publish all data to a folder in my ArcServer. Then I create a map service in ArcGIS Online and point to the data on the server. Then in the WAB, I point to the Map Service in AGO. I published the GP tool both in the root folder and the folder where all the data sits.

You mentioned above a "Support Ticket" Did anything result from that?

0 Kudos
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

I think we have a similar configuration. Did you configure a user connecition to your ArcGIS Server in ArcCatalog and give secured access rights to that in the tool?

I don't have an answer from ESRI Support yet;

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de
0 Kudos