Select to view content in your preferred language

Printing with ArcGIS Web App Builder 1.0

12-30-2014 10:25 AM
YaneevGolombek
New Contributor II

Hi. I've been playing with the Beta versions of new Web App Builder and just downloaded the 1.0 version. A great tool for simple web mapping apps. The only issue I've been having with all versions is the print function. Every time I try to print with every format, I get an "Error, Try Again". Just curious if anyone else out there has experienced this and/or have found a way around it. I was hoping that any bug would be ironed out in the Beta versions prior to release, but it appears to be doing the same thing (on my end at least...).

Thanks,

(pic attached)

Yaneev

13 Replies
MelissaPrindiville
New Contributor III

Hi

Was there ever a solution to this.  I am hosting a WAB solution however using the Arcgis Online print service and am getting the Error, try again. how do i get the print widget to recognize my proxy secure username  and password credentials.

-Mel

0 Kudos
YaneevGolombek
New Contributor II

Hi. I personally never solved this, though when I posted this, WebAppBuilder was a standalone app and now its built in to ArcGIS online, where I use it most. I should try it again via ArcGIS online to see if I have the same issues.

Yaneev Golombek, GISP | GIS Projects and Applications Lead | Merrick & Company

T: +1 303-353-3939 | www.merrick.com<http://www.merrick.com/>

Engineering | Architecture | Design-Build | Surveying | Planning | Geospatial Solutions

0 Kudos
AndreV
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi. Maybe you should give this a try: Add your secured services to your arcgis online account as element and save the credentials within. Then add those layers to your webmap.

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de
0 Kudos
BillSpiking__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Hello.  We had the same printing issue using the workflow as described by Andre so a colleague of mine called Esri support and they reference Bug# NIM-091603 (http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDkxNjAz).  The only workaround we found was by using the LocalLayer widget.

Here's our initial setup that was not working due to the bug referenced above:

• We had secured services (with creds stored) feeding an AGO web map.
  • Using WAB Dev 1.2 we added the web map with the secure services and the print widget with our own print service.
  • We deployed the WAB on our web server and used the Esri proxy that referenced our AGO creds.

Our proxy was authenticating correctly to AGO and obtaining access to the content item that had the embedded credentials, but the system wasn't able to obtain a token for access to our secured service for printing.