Parcel Buffer GP Service for Geoprocessing Widget in Web AppBuilider (non-developer edition)

03-23-2016 09:47 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to create a geoprocessing service (server 10.3.1) to use with the geoprocessing widget in the stock ArcGIS Online hosted Web App Builder.  Tool would allow the user to click on a parcel, specify a buffer distance (500 Ft), select all the parcels that intersect the buffer, and export the results to a csv.

Does anyone have any sample ESRI models for publishing a GP service that would work with the WAB Geoprocessing Widget? Robert Scheitlin, GISP​ to the rescue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Dan,

I found that a cheap and easy way of doing this is to

1. Open ArcMap
  2. Perform the buffer geoprocessing service (with all the criteria you want in it)
  3. Let it finish
  4. Go the Results tab (Geoprocessing menu --> Results)
  5. Find the successful task that just ran
  6. Right click on it and Share As Service.

Then you can tinker it from there.

DanAllen

Thank you Adrian.  That is a good tip to publish from the results tab.  I tried several model builder scenarios, but can't seem to get it to work on the desktop side first.  There are so many variables to deal with. Any thoughts on what a select parcel or point/then create buffer/then select parcels that intersect buffer/then export the resulting selection to csv model should look like, I am open to suggestions.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Dan, I just found this article that tells the story of making a geoprocessing service in greater detail (and with more flashy pictures):

A quick tour of authoring and sharing geoprocessing services—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGI...

But, you're right, it has to work on the desktop end first.

Have you tried stringing these tools together in ModelBuilder:

Select --> Buffer --> Select by Location --> Table to Excel

or some variation of these (with parameters set in)?

DanAllen

Thanks for the link.  I also came across that too.  It is quite a bit of information to digest.

I have tried a few unsuccessful models so far.  This is such a common workflow (parcel notification buffer) that I was hoping someone had a similar model already built that I could learn from and modify. 

0 Kudos