Override infowindow for all layers

11-01-2018 01:18 AM
KarlAllik1
New Contributor

Is it possible to automatically set a new infowindow for the whole map (all layers) in WebAppBuilder by a widget?

One possible solution would be checking all the added layers, overriding them, listening to the new added layers and doing the same. But this is not universal, as there are so many different layer types and some do not reveal their service URL (needed for configuring the popup content).

We have created a custom widget in WebAppBuilder that adds pre-configured layers (similarly to the Query widget) to the map and shows a custom built popup (infowindow) for those layers.

Mentioning active staff for a maybe-quick reply: Owen Evans Robert Scheitlin, GISP

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karl,

This is a Really strange request. Can you explain your workflow and why you would even want to do this?

0 Kudos
KarlAllik1
New Contributor

The issue is wanting to use a custom popup infowindow with more features than the default one uses, such as: resize, move, content in tabs, and more.... And instead of defining the configuration for each layer (user manually setting service in the widget configuration panel), it would be much easier if the widget automatically overrides all of the layers infowindows.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karl,

Hmm. I see what you are trying to do now. This is a pretty complicated workflow. Currently I have never thought of this type of workflow.  Sorry it would take a good deal of thought and investigation to even come up with a suggestion.

0 Kudos
GuillaumeArnaud
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Try to click on something in this app : ArcGIS Web Application  and let me know if you want something like that ?

Guillaume

0 Kudos