Not able to add widgets into header controller for my web app

Jump to solution
09-21-2016 07:16 AM
AntoineBartholomew1
New Contributor II

This is the strangest thing, within Web app builder developer edition; I am not able to add widgets into header controller for my web app. When I try to add a widget, the widget’s code does show within the Config.JSON file, but the widget does not show in the app. I have no idea what is going on. I’ve looked into the widgets Manifest.JSON file to be sure the widget’s “in panel” property is set to true. What else can I look at to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AntoineBartholomew1
New Contributor II

Robert, I was able to re create my efforts with the creation of a new web app and bringing over key folders within my other app and recreating the Congif.JSON file.  So, thanks for the reply and support.  I sleep well knowing your out there to support the GIS/Web Appbuilder community...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Antoine,

Is this true for all your WAB Apps (even when creating a new one) or just one in particular?

0 Kudos
AntoineBartholomew1
New Contributor II

I am able to add widgets into new web apps or older web app, but the app I have been working with for weeks just started giving me this issue.  I tried clearing my web browser cache.  Looked at the Config files and a few other things, but I cant seem to figure out this issue.  I hope I wont have to start a completely new app and then try to re-use my code and shift files around. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Antoine,

Do you see any error in your browsers web console when attempting to add widgets to the header?

0 Kudos
AntoineBartholomew1
New Contributor II

I am not sure if its an error message.  I am working inside of Firefox, developer tools.  When I try to add a widget, the console says:

TypeError: mutating the [[ Prototype ]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[ Prototype ]]  value using Object.create   and below this message in a different color text, it reads

"destroy widget [ themes/jewerlyBoxTheme/widget/HeaderController/Widget]"  & 

"widget [themes/JewerlyBoxTheme/widgets/HeaderController/Widget] created" 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Antoine,

Hmm. Not really helpful. Sorry I do not know where to go from here.

0 Kudos
AntoineBartholomew1
New Contributor II

Okay, I will have to start a new app, thank you for the reply Robert. 

0 Kudos
AntoineBartholomew1
New Contributor II

Robert, I was able to re create my efforts with the creation of a new web app and bringing over key folders within my other app and recreating the Congif.JSON file.  So, thanks for the reply and support.  I sleep well knowing your out there to support the GIS/Web Appbuilder community...

0 Kudos