Near Me widget + layers turning on mysteriously

06-02-2017 03:48 PM
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

We have a pretty straightforward app with the new My Government Services app - basically a web appbuilder app with the NearMe widget configured.  We actually have 2 nearly identical apps configured this way - and one of them will draw all of the layers.  The problem is that the layers are not on in the webmap, and we don't actually want or need them to draw.  

The other nearly identical application doesn't exhibit this behavior.  the only difference is that the app that is working correctly only has polygon layers, whereas the 'broken' one has a mix of point and polygon layers.

The second really odd part is that initially the point features draw when you zoom in close enough for the scale dependency to kick in, but when you click a point on the map, there is an error saying all of the point features cannot be drawn.  

I'm baffled here since we have another app that doesn't exhibit this behavior.  Curious if anyone else has seen this issue.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Allen,

Are both apps built using the same version of WAB?

0 Kudos
AllenScully

Hi Robert -

Yes - both are built with WAB through AGOL (build/config web map, share > create App, select WAB and go from there).  I have created a new version of the troublesome app, and am seeing the same behavior. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Your best bet would be to open a ticket with tech support then.

SethLewis1

Allen - 

I've encountered similar behavior with the NearMe widget when used in the same context (MyGovernmentServices).

In our case we're serving out a mixture of point, polygon and linear features. Despite having all layers turned off, sometimes some of the layers will render on page load. In addition, I've found that turning off the widget automatically turns on all layers in the web map.

0 Kudos
AllenScully

Interesting - it does seem like bug-ish behavior to me.  A call to ESRI support helped - I ended up building the app through WAB developer edition (instead of sharing the web map and creating an app using WAB through that interface in AGOL).  That took care of the weird behavior we were seeing.

I also removed all of the symbology for the polygon layers - no fill and no outlines, since we don't actually ever need them to render, and they are outlined when selected in the widget anyway.  So they may still be trying to render, but they no longer show up. 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49

Hi Allen,

I am having the same wierd behaviour and tried creating the app via WAB Dev., but still having that issue. What did you do differently?.

Thank you in advance.

Baba

0 Kudos