Measure/Draw by Segment Widget?

Jump to solution
12-22-2016 04:24 PM
JeffDavis2
New Contributor III

Hello everyone...

Does anyone have...or know the existence of...a widget that can be used to draw line segments by entering in a known distance and/or display measurements between segments as the user draws lines.

Thank you in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

The Traverse widget may be what you are looking for:

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-9065-traverse-widget-220 

JeffDavis2
New Contributor III

Thank you, Robert.  I'll check it out and see if it will handle all their needs.

0 Kudos
JeffDavis2
New Contributor III

Robert,

I think this might be a widget that would be applicable for my engineering group down the road.  However, for now, I think they are looking for something a little more simplistic.  Let me see if I can explain a little better given my revisit.

The out-of-box measure tool widget for AGO is nice, but it needs to go a step further.  As you know, the tool offers the user the ability to measure linear distance and with each click of the mouse, thereby locating a point, the total length of the measurement is provided within the measure tool window.

Our team would like to be able to measure distance by segment.  Whereby each segment they draw would have either a measure appear on the screen for that segment or be kept track of within the measure tool window by individual segment versus only providing a total once the double click event ends the measure session.

Does that make sense?

Jeff

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff, if you haven't already, look to see if any of the ones listed on /blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2016/03/09/web-appbuilder-developer-edition-customization-resource-list?sr=search...‌    I'm on my iPad, so not easy to cut and paste, but towards the end there are a few draw and measure options.

JeffDavis2
New Contributor III

Thank you, Rebecca.  I will look into it.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

This one specifically is what I would recommend.

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-3209-measure-widget-21-for-web-app-builder 

JeffDavis2
New Contributor III

Thank you, Robert.

At Rebecca's suggestion I checked out the Customization Resource List and found that exact widget.

It appears to be exactly what I was looking for to support my team and with your suggestion it makes me feel even more comfortable.

Thank you...and have a great holiday!

Jeff