Login loop on deployed WAB Apps all of a sudden

12-14-2021 10:15 AM
Rayn
by
New Contributor III

Hello all, 

We recently upgraded our enterprise from 10.9 to 10.9.1 and I'm not sure if this is related but now all of my server deployed WAB Apps are stuck in a login loop (anything accessed through the portal is totally fine).   I initially thought this might be due to using older version of WAB to build them so I updated my WAB to 2.21 (i tried 2.22 but had issues with the install).    However, any new Apps I create in 2.21 now request an additional login for the web map item.  I have recreated and reregistered the WAB developer application on my portal but this doesn't help.  

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi Rayn,

This problem should be fixed in developer edition 2.23 which will be release soon on January. 

Thanks,
Wei

Rayn
by
New Contributor III

Hi Wei, 

This will fix any new WAB dev applications but how do i resolve the endless login loop affecting our current WAB applications on our server?  These were all created with a mix of v2.15-v2.18 builds. 

thanks,

Rayn 

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi Rayn,

Would you mind to share screen with me about the problem or share me a repro video? 

Please contact me at wying@esri.com. 

Thanks,

Wei

0 Kudos
Rayn
by
New Contributor III

Hi Wei, 

I ended up working with ESRI tech support to resolve this.

thanks,

Rayn

0 Kudos
ChrisMartin8
New Contributor

Hi Rayn,

I'm experiencing the same issue after upgrading to 10.9.1 with my server WAB Apps.  Could you share the solution given by ESRI tech support?

0 Kudos
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

@Rayn ,

As I wrote here in another reply, I have the same problem (JS API 4.18 on WAB app on enterprise 10.9.1 enters endless login loop).

As you wrote that you addressed ESRI tech support - is there a solution that you can tell me about?

Thank you,

Michael

0 Kudos
Rayn
by
New Contributor III

Upgrading the apps to v2.21 resolved the login loop for me. We previously didnt have to have the app ID in the application config but apparently now you do.  That resolved the extra login issue i was also having.

ChrisMartin8
New Contributor

Thank you for the quick response.  I'll get the upgrade a try.

0 Kudos
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

@Rayn ,

Thank you!

Indeed setting "appId" in config to the portal's application id, solved the problem fo JS API 4.18. For higher js API versions, "appId" can remain empty.

I did it using WAB Developer Edition version 2.22 to create my web app, while changing in env.js to use the JS API version 4.18

Only pay attention - When WAB version 2.22 creates the zip, in empties the config "appId" !!
You must "refill" it again after unziping !!

We still use JS Api 4.18, since in newer versions, SAML login is not working in Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v2.20 and above after deploying the application on IIS. (This has been reported as Bug Number: BUG-000142159).

0 Kudos