ListView Sample Code not working

Jump to solution
04-25-2019 09:20 AM
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

Hi All,

I have followed many of the questions regarding the errors in the listview sample code and have copy and pasted code from Robert's entries and am still unable to get the sample to work. When I run Web AppBuilder and add the custom widget, I get an error that says: "Create widget setting page error: widgets/ListView/Widget". This error message has an "OK" button which I click and the ListView icon shows up in the placeholder. When I click the icon, I get an error that says: "Create widget error: widgets/ListView/Widget" also with an "OK" button.

I am using Web AppBuilder 2.12 and running in chrome. When viewing the network traffic in developer tools in chrome, I see an error that says "lang is not defined". Is there something I need to install for Web AppBuilder to work with this sample?

I was successful with the "Create a custom in-panel widget" sample code but it does not use lang.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Janice,

Then I added your widget to one of my apps and open and configured the widget settings, then launched the widget, I got No errors....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Janice,

Then I added your widget to one of my apps and open and configured the widget settings, then launched the widget, I got No errors....

0 Kudos
JaniceBaird

Thanks Robert!

I guess there must be something missing from my server or my workstation. I will try and figure that out today!

Janice.

0 Kudos
JaniceBaird

Robert,

Now that I think about it, my workstation is probably ok since I can use other widgets in my app. Not really sure what I am doing wrong with the ListView. I suppose I should just move on to another sample widget.

Thanks,

Janice.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Janice,

Probably just something in that particular app. Make sure that the stemapp widget folder contains the same code as you send me and then create a new app.

0 Kudos
JaniceBaird

Robert,

I found that the widget was placed in a different location... WebAppBuilderForArcGIS/server/apps/2/widgets. I deleted it from this location and restarted WebAppBuilder and it mostly works now!

I did not realize that the app was retaining the widget in a different location. Makes sense now.

I am still working my way up the learning curve!

Thanks,

Janice.

0 Kudos