JavaScript edit widget behavior

10-13-2015 10:39 AM
ronaldmcfarlane
Occasional Contributor

Using ArcGIS Server & Portal 10.3.1, WAB Developer 1.2.

I am making the transition from Flex to JavaScript (JS), so am relatively new.  Using the Edit WIdget in Flex, I can restrict edits of data (entity & attribute) to the creator (e.g. if you created it, you can edit it but no one else can).  You can create the data in one session and come back to it later and edit its attributes, location, add attachments or even delete your items. 

Now in JS WAB Dev. I added the Edit widget and in the map application I can create new data, edit it, add attachments or delete it in the current session, but as soon as I leave it and come back I can only delete it (but not edit the attributes, add attachments nor move its location).  I'm using the stock out of the box Edit widget, without modification.  Is this the expected behavior in this JS widget or am I doing something wrong?  Is there a better edit widget out there?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ronald,

I am not sure about the add attachments portion but absolutely you can edit attributes and move the feature after it is created. At the bottom of the edit widget there is a toolbar click the first tool on the left this is the selection tool and then click on your feature. The third button from the left is the attribute button.

0 Kudos
ronaldmcfarlane
Occasional Contributor

Yes, and I can edit them in the original session.  But when I come back to the map (after closing the session where it was created) I can see the attribute however it won't let me edit them nor move the entity.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ronald,

I can edit just fine (after closing the session where it was created)

0 Kudos
ronaldmcfarlane
Occasional Contributor

Do you have Editor Tracking enabled on the feature class within ArcCatalog?  This restricts editing to the originator only.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ronald,

No I do not. That must be the difference. I would call tech support on this as it sounds like there is an issue there.

0 Kudos
XiaodongWang
Esri Contributor

I cannot reproduce it with many conditions, include to enable Editor Tracking. I do update it if I can delete it.

Would you mind to test it again in mapViewer and confirm it, whether having same behavior also.

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews
Occasional Contributor III

In that first picture, where are you configuring that editor tracking at?

I've noticed that if you enable editor tracking in the enterprise gdb, then publish as an editable service, all the edits made show the same user name....which is the one you used when publishing the service.

0 Kudos
XiaodongWang
Esri Contributor

The "Track Edits" options isn't "editor tracking" that you mentioned? My feature service is hosted at online.

0 Kudos
XiaodongWang
Esri Contributor

Those options of the first image are feature service options, not Edit widget options, in order to test Edit widget quickly, I hosted a feature layer on ArcGIS online. The whole image is:

0 Kudos