Is it possible to make apps that have an offline editor mode using the Esri Web AppBuilder?

Jump to solution
11-04-2015 11:34 AM
BenjaminHarloe
New Contributor II

If so can anyone point me to resources on the topic?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ben,

Web AppBuilder does NOT support disconnected/offline editing workflows.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Ben,

Web AppBuilder does NOT support disconnected/offline editing workflows.

Hope this helps,

BenjaminHarloe
New Contributor II

The JavaScipt API does though, right? So in theory could you download a web appbuilder app, and then edit it with the JavaScript API to create offline editing functionality?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Benjamin,

> The JavaScipt API does though, right?

As far as I know, it does NOT support disconnected editing workflows. See the ArcGIS API for JavaScript documentation,

Editing | Guide | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

> So in theory could you download a web appbuilder app, and then edit it with the JavaScript API to create offline editing functionality?

No. Another requirement for disconnected editing workflows is for the client app to be able to store a local copy of the data that you would be editing offline, as well as sync that data back to the original source data (via a feature service). Web AppBuilder does NOT support this type of capability.

Hope this helps,

PatrickMcKinney1
Occasional Contributor III

I was trying to figure out the same thing, and came across ESRI's Offline-editor-js project on GitHub.  It looks like this may be a possible solution, provided you have some knowledgeable developers on your team.

0 Kudos