Select to view content in your preferred language

Hyperlink to Shapefile in Map from Teams

Jump to solution
03-29-2021 11:53 AM
Kelin_Field
Emerging Contributor

I have a map built on ArcGIS Online.  The map contains easements in varying stages of completion.  The data is stored in an Excel database on Microsoft Teams.  We update the map manually with the same data stored as an attribute table in the easement shapefiles.  In order to assist the team, I am attempting to add a hyperlink field in the Excel file that will link the easement agreement number to its matching shapefile in the ArcGIS Online Map.

Desired Function:  A user clicks a hyperlink in the Teams file that says "View on Map".  This opens a web browser which directs to the ArcGIS Online map and Queries the map using the data from that particular Excel "Easement ID" column to search for a shapefile with the matching data in the same column of the attribute table and zooms the view to that easement.

I have tried using the "Query" widget but it will not load any layers from the map nor layers I have uploaded to my content and I cannot move past that first step.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I don't use AGOL unfortunately but I'd guess you have the share widget available - Share widget—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation

I would probably look at the URL string formed from a test query with your desired parameters then play about with creating URLs based on each feature/row in your spreadsheet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I don't use AGOL unfortunately but I'd guess you have the share widget available - Share widget—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation

I would probably look at the URL string formed from a test query with your desired parameters then play about with creating URLs based on each feature/row in your spreadsheet.

0 Kudos
Kelin_Field
Emerging Contributor

Thank you David.  I believe this is going to give me my basic functionality.  I can do a current extents share but for some reason my query function to locate a specific feature is not loading any of my layers.  Its acting like I have a blank map.  Once I figure that out I should be able to share a hyperlink by specific feature attributes within the URL.