How to share local WAB projects with organization?

05-19-2016 10:38 AM
PatrickMcKinney1
Occasional Contributor III

I work for a medium-sized county in Pennsylvania with a 2-person GIS office.  We are going to begin developing a Web AppBuilder project using the Developer Edition.

Our IT department has set-up the local editing environment on our workstations (C:\).  However, we would like to share our projects on our shared network file server so we can have project update meetings.  Is there a way to share projects developed on local machines on a shared network drive?

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Patrick,

This has been asked and discussed in the past and here is that thread. I don't believe is has a good answer but you can see where people went with it:

Sharing Web AppBuilder apps with multiple users

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There may be other threads to with similar names.  Related to this, this is a thread I started...more specifically on sharing the webappID required for WAB to be started...

Is it better to share "application" registered in AGOL between WAB-dev edition developers, or separa...

0 Kudos
PatrickMcKinney1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the info. It can be hard to find previous questions that have been asked. Maybe I'm just not a wizard of how to search for content.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That is always the trick.  I tend to enter a variety of search strings in the browser search.  I used these two

sharing web appbuilder with multiple

web appbuilder on shared drive

I also just sometimes remember a thread.  I sometimes include threads of interest on the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List​  which is messy, but I update regularly.

0 Kudos