How to query multiple layers by user-selected boundary in dashboard theme?

05-21-2019 11:28 AM
SilviaFang
New Contributor

I have seen this example within NYC Hazard Environment Story Map, and it is exactly what I want to do but I don't know how(see screenshots below): User can select a region and everything in the dashboard change accordingly, both map and infographics.

Q1. Is this NYC dashboard built on a single land use layer or land use plus a borough boundary layer?

Q2. I have more layers on my map (points and lines) that I want to query by a boundary layer, is it feasible?

Q3. What widget should I use to realize this function? I tried Filter, Group Filter, and Query, none works for me. They can only query within one layer, whereas I want the boundary layer to grab everything within from other layers, show them on the dashboard, and switch when user change selection.

Thank you very much!

- Silvia

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SilviaFang
New Contributor

Under the current Query Widget, I'll have to query twice which will create two new layers. First, query out one boundary shape (as a result layer) from my boundary layer, then add another query just to return features within that result boundary layer.

I need these functions in one widget, with one click of the target boundary name, and everything in the dashboard changes accordingly.

0 Kudos