How to public web page w/ restricted access by password?

02-09-2018 11:32 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a web app I want to share outside my organization and the users on the other side don't have ESRI org handles.

I want to share this web page publicly, by to add security level of required user name and password.

1. Is anything else to do? Something the users can do? To open some account etc.?

2. The plain vanilla way is to modify the generated JS code with: How To Create a Login Form 

and obviously to set up a server app for this. This is too much web development for me. Anything else I can do?

All in all seems like the thing I need is too popular use case.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

If you are using ArcGIS Portal on premises then you have access to 30 level 1 named users. Short of that or creating a .Net web authorization wrapper for your site, No there is no other option.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks. So basically the solution is pure web development of a wrapper web page. amm - this is the long way...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Well it may be the long way but there are not many options. The named level 1 users would only hep if you add the users you want to have access to your app as org users.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

and how named level 1 users will help here? if it's public account it's still restricted for commercial use, no?

0 Kudos