How to Import my Apps after Changing Certificate?

Jump to solution
03-24-2016 01:43 PM
NicholasMcNamara
Occasional Contributor II

I had some WAB Dev apps I was working on. I got a new server certificate to use SSL as the alias certificate I was using was partially bad. So my URLs changed from gis.snew.org to snew-gis.norwalk2ndwater.com. These are not publicly accessible. Now if I launch my Portal site from the 2nd URL, it launches the WAB Dev and doesn't see my sites. I launched Portal and then WAB and downloaded my apps, thinking I could then launch the new URL and import them, but it says you can only import from the old URL. Huh? Why bother having the import option then?

How do I get my apps into my WAB in the new site? Do I have to rebuild everything from scratch and they are just gone? There's got to be a way.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Your question is very fragmented so hopefully I understand.

My understanding is, you are using WABde (on a server).

QUOTE: Now if I launch my Portal site from the 2nd URL, it launches the WAB Dev and doesn't see my sites.

Portal does not launch WAB de.  WAB de runs on its own, with Node.js on a default port of 3344.

WAB de is completely standalone. You can delegate which Portal the WAB de uses.

It sounds like you are using Web Application Builder IN Portal.  This is NOT WAB Dev or what I call WABde (developer edition).

Going forward...

In the .zip of a WAB Web App... there is a config.json file in the root of the app.

In here there are two URLs that have the URL of the portal or AGOL that is used AND the appID  which is        "itemId": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",

thats all that is needed.  However, there are some specifics that may break depending on what is included in the app..

e.g. Summary widgets.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Your question is very fragmented so hopefully I understand.

My understanding is, you are using WABde (on a server).

QUOTE: Now if I launch my Portal site from the 2nd URL, it launches the WAB Dev and doesn't see my sites.

Portal does not launch WAB de.  WAB de runs on its own, with Node.js on a default port of 3344.

WAB de is completely standalone. You can delegate which Portal the WAB de uses.

It sounds like you are using Web Application Builder IN Portal.  This is NOT WAB Dev or what I call WABde (developer edition).

Going forward...

In the .zip of a WAB Web App... there is a config.json file in the root of the app.

In here there are two URLs that have the URL of the portal or AGOL that is used AND the appID  which is        "itemId": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",

thats all that is needed.  However, there are some specifics that may break depending on what is included in the app..

e.g. Summary widgets.

NicholasMcNamara

I'm using WABde. I launch the startup.bat file. But it requires a Portal login, either before or after doing this. The Portal URL I log into prior to launching startup.bat determines which one I can connect to after WABde.

I changed the config.json file, and that lets me import the .zip file, however, if I go to edit that site in WABde after doing this, I just get a gray screen - no map. Even if I change the map, all I get is a gray screen. All my widget settings are maintained (except the coordinate and att. table widgets), but a GIS is useless without a map. Why am I losing the map?

0 Kudos
NicholasMcNamara

OK, my gray screen issue is apparently caused by something else, as I cannot see any of my web maps even from a newly created app. So I'm going to close this thread and start a new question for that.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos