How to import app into Dev edition from AGOL WAB?

01-16-2017 12:38 PM
RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have a simple data viewer app in WAB in AGOL v2.3 and my developer edition is v2.2.  According to the documentation I cannot import an app from a new version of Web App Builder.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  Currently I get an error stating 'Failed to Upgrade the App.  See the log for details."  The log does not contain useful info.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The next version of WAB developer edition is tentatively scheduled to be available on or about Jan 16th 23rd 201 (per Derek's response below) last we heard.

Derek Law‌ will most likely announce it as soon as it is available, and I will also on the /blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2016/03/09/web-appbuilder-developer-edition-customization-resource-list?sr=search...‌     Geonet seems to be having a few issues with email right now, but I haven't seen the announcement yet (but today is a US holiday), so, I would suggest waiting a couple days and trying again.

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

FYI: the release date of Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v2.3 has been moved to the Jan 23rd week.

Hope this helps,

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Certification testing was completed early, so Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition v2.3 is now available!!
Checkout the blog: Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS v2.3 Developer Edition Now Available! | ArcGIS Blog 

Hope this helps,

DAVIDDAS1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Derek,

That is awesome!!

I am so excited to see version 2.3 of the Developer Edition of the Web AppBuilder.

I see that you are working overtime on a Friday night.

Your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated by the Web AppBuilder community.

Thanks for creating the blog and letting me know!

Tapas