Is the web app builder only limited to organization user?

Jump to solution
01-19-2017 09:24 PM
yaserkhouja1
New Contributor III

If i build an app with web app builder tool, and host it in our server. Can i make anyone access the app without having an esri account username? If not possible, is the Java script api will help me to build an app open for public. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yaserkhouja1
New Contributor III

I found out IIS was disable for anonymous to access portal. I enable it, and Its working fine now.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Yaser,

The Web AppBuilder will be focused on an existing web map. If that web map is set to Public under sharing, then anyone with access to the internet should be able to see the map.

yaserkhouja1
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.

I used the WAB to build an app with the ArcGIS Portal. But, no one can access the app without portal username. So are you sure about your answer that anyone can access the app without any authentication. I used the portal to build my maps, and share it with everyone.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

If all items in the story map and web map are public, then anyone can access it. If there is one item that needs a login, then only people with logins can access it.

yaserkhouja1
New Contributor III

Yea all items shared to everyone. But, I see that anyone without username can't access the portal page. Is there a way maybe to change the portal setting to allow anyone in network to have an access.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This all assumes that the org has the "Allow anonymous access to your organization's website" enabled though or are using the public url.

If your organization has disabled anonymous access, only members can access the organization's website. However, you can still share the organization's public items by sharing the item through the public URL (https://www.arcgis.com), instead of your organization's URL (for example, https://yourorg.maps.arcgis.com).

yaserkhouja1
New Contributor III

I set the GIS portal to allow anonymous access. but, it still ask anyone to enter user information (Windows Authentication).

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That sounds like you have a secured service as part of your webmap then. To get past that you have to deploy and configure a proxy for your app.

0 Kudos
yaserkhouja1
New Contributor III

Yea, am using SSL connection for portal.  How can I configure a proxy for my app?

0 Kudos
yaserkhouja1
New Contributor III

But the map services is hosted in GIS Server, and not SSL

0 Kudos