How to get a bookmark back?

Jump to solution
10-22-2014 04:34 AM
KlasÖstergren
New Contributor III

We try beta3 and a user have delete a bookmark via the delete button in the app. Now she want to have the bookmark back. I have try to clear the webcache with no result. The browser i IE9.

Is there somone as have any solution for this problem?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Klas,

In the bookmark widget code there is this comment:

if user add/delete a bookmark, we will save all of the bookmarks into the local storage.

Clearing the local storage is very dependent on what browser and if that browser supports HTML5 local storage or not. So I use Fire Fox 33 and If I deleted a bookmark for a WAB site, I can restore what bookmarks that site had originally configured by clearing the local storage for my WAB sites URL by going to my WAB site and clicking Ctrl + Shift + I (to bring up fire fox developer tools) and then in the web console command line I enter "localStorage.clear();" and click enter. That is all there is to it in Firefox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Klas,

In the bookmark widget code there is this comment:

if user add/delete a bookmark, we will save all of the bookmarks into the local storage.

Clearing the local storage is very dependent on what browser and if that browser supports HTML5 local storage or not. So I use Fire Fox 33 and If I deleted a bookmark for a WAB site, I can restore what bookmarks that site had originally configured by clearing the local storage for my WAB sites URL by going to my WAB site and clicking Ctrl + Shift + I (to bring up fire fox developer tools) and then in the web console command line I enter "localStorage.clear();" and click enter. That is all there is to it in Firefox.