How do I make text boxes bigger and wrap text in the edit widget for WAB?

Jump to solution
06-08-2016 01:53 PM
CameronJohnsen
New Contributor III

I am trying to make text boxes bigger and wrap text within them for a comments field that will contain a lot of characters. I have found one thread​, I may doing it incorrectly but I doesn't seem to be working. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cameron,

The web maps attribute configuration take presidence over the setting in the edit widgets config.json. So open the web map in AGOL map viewer and choose to configure popups for your layer and choose the field you want to be multi-line and choose the "Configure Attributes" link and then choose textbox type = Multiple Line. Save your changes and now the edit widget will display that field as a text area in the edit widgets popup. You can then edit the css rule to set the height of all text areas in the edit widgets css rules:

/*textArea*/

.jimu-widget-edit-infoWindow .esriAttributeInspector .dijitTextBox.dijitTextArea {

height: 32px;

}

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cameron,

The web maps attribute configuration take presidence over the setting in the edit widgets config.json. So open the web map in AGOL map viewer and choose to configure popups for your layer and choose the field you want to be multi-line and choose the "Configure Attributes" link and then choose textbox type = Multiple Line. Save your changes and now the edit widget will display that field as a text area in the edit widgets popup. You can then edit the css rule to set the height of all text areas in the edit widgets css rules:

/*textArea*/

.jimu-widget-edit-infoWindow .esriAttributeInspector .dijitTextBox.dijitTextArea {

height: 32px;

}

CameronJohnsen
New Contributor III

Robert,

Thank you a ton this was the step I was missing.