How do I generate a layer list with categories similar to the map attachment (see attachment).

Jump to solution
09-28-2017 11:27 AM
RonSheaks1
New Contributor II

What part of the web app developer addition do I modify to declare layer categories? I mean within the widget which specific file do I modify i.e. manifest.js, config.js etc. to enhance the layer list? I have checked /blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2017/03/04/web-appbuilder-the-custom-widgets-list-332017  and there seems to be a local layer widget, and a custom layer list widget. I ultimately want to create a layer list with categories. Thanks for any assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ron,

Many people have desired this ability and the short of it is it is SUPER complicated and well beyond novice levels of JS developers. To answer you question more specifically the files needing modification would not even be in the LayerList widget folder. It would be the jimu core LayerInfos folder and then probably several js class files in there. Very advanced developers like myself have looked into this and decided it is way to much effort for a single developer and moved on.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ron,

Many people have desired this ability and the short of it is it is SUPER complicated and well beyond novice levels of JS developers. To answer you question more specifically the files needing modification would not even be in the LayerList widget folder. It would be the jimu core LayerInfos folder and then probably several js class files in there. Very advanced developers like myself have looked into this and decided it is way to much effort for a single developer and moved on.