Header widget z-index: -1?

Jump to solution
07-06-2015 11:53 AM
AndrewHayden1
Occasional Contributor

I'm using the tab theme and would like to move the onscreen basemap widget up to the header.  I'm able to move the widget up via the main config.json, but it falls underneath the header.  With the browser dev tools I'm able to move the header to the back by applying a z-index of -1 and, so far, everything behaves as expected.  I'm able to add .jimu-widget-header{ z-index:-1} class to style.css for the TabTheme header widget but was wondering if I could just add a z-index: -1 to the header widget config section in main config.json.  If so, how?  I've added it, but it isn't being honored.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

No z-index is not a property that is read from the config.json.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

No z-index is not a property that is read from the config.json.

AndrewHayden1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Robert.

Do you happen to know if the properties that are read from config.json (at least as they pertain to the position property) are documented anywhere?  Looking at the "Widget on screen" section of the JSON reference there are sub-properties of the position property in the example but they don't appear to be otherwise documented.  Should I assume then that left, top, right, bottom, width and height are the only position properties that are read?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

They are not documented as this is something internally controlled by the app. But yes the sub properties you listed are the only ones that I have been able to find.

0 Kudos
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

There is zIndex property in config.json in the coming release.

0 Kudos