Geoprocessing widget input parameter help

Jump to solution
10-26-2015 08:00 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'm looking for some guidance on what is required and where I'd need to make modifications to a Geoprocessing widget that references a published geoprocessing service with a Feature Set input parameter that will then perform a select by location process on a separate feature service layer.  The requirement workflow is:

1. Make selection in Feature Layer 1 (using the Enhanced Search Widget.  Successful doing this!).

2. Select features in feature layer 2 that fall inside or intersect the selection in layer 1.

The problem is that I cannot set the Feature Set input parameter in my model and execute this from the Geoprocessing widget.

WAB_Pic1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JssrRR
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi James,

I have a GP service working with a feature set that performs a select by location, and I am using it both in  Web app builder in, GP widget and also in a JS application and it works fine.Model only.PNG

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JssrRR
by

Hi James,

I have a GP service working with a feature set that performs a select by location, and I am using it both in  Web app builder in, GP widget and also in a JS application and it works fine.Model only.PNG

JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi!

Just to clarify/validate: your Feature Set input parameter is from a selection made in the map?

Thanks for your input!

0 Kudos
JssrRR
by

Yes, it is a point clicked on the map by the user and then all features are selected from another layer that fall within a user defined buffer distance and as a result output is a summary table.

In web app builder using GP widget task works like this:GPWidget.PNG

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Oh, right.  Yes, I am aware that this will populate the Feature Set parameter!  My problem is that instead of a user-created feature (point, line or poly), I need to just pass in the currently selected feature.

As far as I know there is nothing that will accomplish this type of behavior without some extra JavaScript added in somewhere, which is perfectly fine but I need some guidance on where this should go and how it should be structured.

Thanks again for your input!

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews
Occasional Contributor III

Out of curiosity, did that dbf "BlockCentroids2010_WGS_Stati5" export to a user defined location as part of the GP?

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi again!

I was finally able to give this another try and it DOES allow for populating that Feature Set input parameter from a selected feature!  It's a little quirky in that it asks the user to specify from which layer to use, but it does work!

My problem was in expecting less click-I-ness from the workflow.  Essentially I was overlooking the input parameter selection workflow: I remember seeing "Feature Set *" but did not click the dropdown as I was simply expecting this to just work without user interactivity

WAB_Pic2.png

JssrRR
by

Great! You have it working.